Halloween has long been known as the scariest day of the year, and people love being scared. This leads to a month’s worth of celebrations; for the entire month of October, Wisconsin plays home to festivals aplenty that recognize this distinguished day.
That said, October isn’t only about Halloween. With the first day of autumn falling on September 23, October is also devoted to celebrating what many believe to be the most beautiful time of year. The weather cools down, the leaves change colors, and families gather to watch their favorite sports teams take on the competition.
Whether you’re hoping to be scared out of your wits or enjoy a family day out and about, the areas surrounding Green Bay, Wisconsin offer plenty of fall attractions that are sure to bring you terrifying joy!
- Terror on the Fox: Deemed by Fox as the “haunted house of the year,” Terror on the Fox is Green Bay’s best haunted attraction this Halloween season. With three chilling attractions designed to terrify you to the very core, you’ll leave Terror on the Fox having satisfied your thirst for horror – and maybe more.
- Green Bay Fear: Where terror calls home. With a selection of horrors that bring nightmares to life, you’ll be blown away by the three heart-pounding attractions Green Bay Fear has to offer. We just hope you make it out in one piece…
- Burial Chamber is the Midwest’s largest haunted complex. Located in Neenah, Wisconsin, Burial Chamber is home to two massive indoor haunted houses, an outdoor wooded trail, and four coffin rides! If you’re looking to pack the most possible entertainment into one evening, Burial Chamber is the place to be. Just be careful not to bite off more than you – or the roaming dead – can chew.
Corn Mazes and Pumpkin Patches
- Meuer Farm, LLC: There’s nothing quite like a good corn maze, and you’ll find none better in Chilton, Wisconsin than Meuer Farm, LLC. With hayrides, trails, and pumpkin patches galore, you’ll find that Meuer Farm is the place to take your family this fall season. Plus, Meuer Farm also offers an activity area for kids of all ages to enjoy, so whether you’re looking to make memories that last forever or simply in need of a break from the day’s other tiring events, the activity area is a perfect stop on your way to making a day in Chilton at Meuer’s special!
- Polly’s Pumpkin Patch: Looking to take your family to the best pumpkin patch in town? Look no further than Polly’ Pumpkin Patch in Chilton, Wisconsin! With a corn maze, wagon rides, produce stands, petting zoo, and family fun center, you can make an entire day out of a trip to Polly’s!
- Harvest Hill Family Farm: Harvest Hill is Seymore, Wisconsin’s number one place for pumpkin picking during autumn. Open from September 14 – October 27, Harvest Hill is the place to be if you’re looking for the best pumpkin to display on your front porch this Halloween. And with a petting zoo, 10-acre corn maze, pumpkin painting, and other fun fall activities to take part in, your whole family can enjoy a day at this beautiful family farm!
- Zoo Boo’s 25th Anniversary: From 3 – 11 p.m. on October 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, and 26, New Zoo Adventure Park in Suamico will be celebrating the 25th anniversary of Zoo Boo! Celebrate wildlife and nature like only New Zoo Adventure Park can with Suamico, Wisconsin’s best fall attraction!
- Wildlife Sanctuary Halloween Event: Want to bring your kids to a totally non-scary Halloween event this October? Look no further than the annual Wildlife Sanctuary Halloween Event. With 600 acres of urban wildlife refuge, this annual Halloween event in Green Bay, Wisconsin is the perfect way to both educate and entertain kids on a brisk autumn day!
It’s no secret that Halloween is one of the most exciting times in the Green Bay area. What are some of your favorite Halloween traditions? Comment on this post, or on our Facebook page, for your chance to win a $25 gift card to Amazon, which can be used on anything from your favorite scary movies to Halloween decorations for your home!
Van’s One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning is located in Green Bay, Wisconsin. For more information on how Van’s can help you make it through the Halloween season (and beyond) without heating or air conditioning problems, please call us at 866-573-8386.